Combining ancient waterside culture, untouched natural environments and rare wildlife encounters, this 14-night voyage will take you deep Into the Wilds of Borneo.
Aboard Coral Geographer, uncover palm-fringed coastal villages home to fascinating cultures including at the Karimata Islands and Kuching. Visit the Banjarmasin floating markets, where the river is a lively cacophony of sights and sounds as sampans are piled high with fresh produce, and buyers and sellers close their transactions on the water. Cruise the ink-black waters of the Nipah waterway and the winding Sekonyer River to arrive at the orangutan sanctuary and conservation facility at Camp Leaky. At Bako National Park, walk through the lush rainforest amongst wildlife such as endemic tree-dwelling proboscis monkeys and the emblematic Rhinoceros Hornbill.
Throughout the voyage, enjoy many opportunities to be submerged in the vibrant underwater environments including Anambas archipelago, where lagoons are dotted with atolls and marine life abounds.
- Enjoy a behind the scenes experience at Camp Leakey and learn from experts about the efforts to protect the orangutans
- Step inside the traditional longhouses of the Dayak people in Sarawak and learn about their way of life
- Explore the remarkable floating markets of Banjarmasin, ‘the city of a thousand rivers’
- Snorkel in the turquoise waters of the Anambas Islands, known for vibrant marine life
- Explore the jungle on nature walks through Bako National Park, with the opportunity to spot native wildlife including hornbills and proboscis monkeys
- Aboard a traditional klotok, cruise the black waters of the Nipah waterway through the jungle of Tanjung Puting
- Relax on pristine palm-fringed tropical beaches at the Karimata Islands