Guest Photographer | Jasmine Carey
Jasmine Carey has a passion for the ocean. Her beautiful, intimate photographs of the marine life she encounters confirm her deep connection with the sea.
Jasmine spends most of each year sharing her underwater world–both through her photographs and as guide and photographer for Whales Underwater and Foto Frenzy.
Her stunning images have an emotive, perceptive and graceful style that takes you with her on a journey into her beloved blue world.
Jasmine has been diving since 2005 and in that time she’s dived across the Indo–Pacific, searching out encounters and interactions with the full gamut of marine life. Her passion for whales sees her spend the southern winter with breeding humpbacks in the tropical waters off Tonga, and the northern winter encountering orcas and humpbacks feeding in the Norwegian fjords.
She works closely with world-acclaimed underwater photographer Darren Jew, and that teaming brings obvious passion and expertise to their work. As an Ambassador for Rainforest Rescue, she supports an organisation that delivers tangible and real conservation results.
Jasmine’s work was featured in the 2017 Oztek Photo Exhibition in Sydney, Australia; she was producer on Australian Geographic’s Day in the Life of the Great Barrier Reef time-lapse project in 2017; and she was keynote speaker on the 2018 Underwater Tour, an Australia-wide speaking tour promoting ocean inspiration adventure and discovery. Jasmine’s work has featured in commercial publications, books and magazines and; in exhibitions, including the 2019 and 2020 Loud and Luminous project, a major show celebrating the work of 100 of Australia’s finest women photographers and; in fotoAID an exhibition raising much-needed funds to aid community and wildlife recover after the tragic 2019/20 Australian Summer of Fires; and 2019-2020 Grand Prize Winner of the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) Ninth Season – WATER.
Her enthusiasm for the ocean is infectious. She inspires others, is an excellent teacher, and is eager to share her experience with fellow adventurers, nature lovers and photographers: “It’s a continuing pleasure to see my guests reach new levels of understanding—about the natural world, and about themselves.”
Jasmine’s work is elegant and spacious, and her signature style takes the viewer with her on journeys into the ocean that she loves.
- 2017 Oztek Underwater Photography Exhibition, Sydney
- 2017 “A Day in the Life of the Great Barrier Reef” Time-lapse film and editorial project in conjunction with Darren Jew and Australian Geographic magazine
- 2018 Featured Photographer and Keynote speaker, 2018 “Underwater Tour”, visiting 4 Australian cities
- 2018 Cover, Wildlife Australia Magazine
- 2019 Speaker and Juror, 10th International New Caledonia Underwater Festival
- 2019 Loud and Luminous, Power
- 2019 Published, The most beautiful photographs of Killer Whales, edited by Hiroya Minakuchi
- 2020 fotoAID an exhibition raising much-needed funds to aid community and wildlife recover after the tragic 2019/20 Australian Summer of Fires.
- 2020 Loud and Luminous, Equality
- 2020 Grand Prize Winner of the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) Ninth Season – WATER.
Read Darren and Jasmine’s Top 5 Tips for Underwater Photography