Our reservation staff are available between Monday to Friday between 7.30am and 5.30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Deposit Protection is a scheme offered to guests of Coral Expeditions to allow them to book confidently and transfer their deposit payment towards any future Coral Expeditions trip in the event they are unable to travel on the cruise they originally booked. Deposit protection is entirely optional, can be invoked for any reason by the guest, and requires an A$110 per person fee at the time of booking.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read these Deposit Protection Conditions carefully.
1. Deposit Protection is only available at the time of booking and is payable together with the deposit payment towards your cruise. It cannot be added subsequently after the cruise deposit has been paid.
2. Deposit Protection fee of $110 per person is non-refundable.
3. If the purchaser wishes to activate their purchased Deposit Protection plan and amend an existing booking, they will need to confirm in writing (via email or letter) to Coral Expeditions Reservations team indicating that they are activating their plan and provide an alternative cruise and travel date.
4. The purchaser can choose to activate their Deposit Protection plan and change their booking for any reason up to 90 days prior to their cruise departure date. Their plan will cease to be valid within 90 days of cruise departure date, or after full payment of the cruise fare is made. Coral Expeditions must receive written correspondence from the guest to activate their Deposit Protection plan before this 90-day cut-off date.
5. For the amended booking, the guest can choose any Coral Expeditions cruise and any cabin category departing within 12 months of Deposit Protections activation – this is subject to availability.
6. The new amended booking will be treated as a completely new booking. The guest can choose to obtain the Deposit Protection Plan again. The full amount of deposit already paid less the Deposit Protection fee will be applied towards amended booking. There are no other fees or charges.
7. If the amended booking deposit amount is less than the deposit amount already paid, then the excess amount will be applied towards final payment due on amended booking.
8. If the amended booking deposit amount due is greater than deposit already paid, the guest must top up additional amount to confirm the amended booking.
9. In the unlikely event the amended booking cruise fare is less than the deposit amount already paid, then no refund will be given, and excess amount will be forfeit.
10. Deposit Protection must be purchased for all guests in a single booking.
11. Please note that Deposit Protection is not meant to replace medical insurance, which we recommend the guest has in place separately.