Whales, Wildflowers and Wineries showcased in special spring sailing for 2024.
Coral Expeditions, Australia’s pioneering cruise line, announces the release of an inaugural itinerary exploring the inspiring coastline of Southwest Australia in spring 2024. The 10-night voyage on our blue water expedition ship Coral Adventurer will follow the migratory trail of the Humpback, Southern Right and Blue whales through this confluence of the Indian and Southern Oceans. This is a prolific time of year to witness these majestic creatures as they nurse their calves. Lucky guests will enjoy sightings of nursing whale calves and stingrays as we cruise the sheltered waters of Point Ann, Albany, and Hamelin Bay.
Guests will step ashore each day to explore several significant and diverse “trails” including the renowned vineyards of Margaret River, sections of the iconic Cape to Cape coastal walk and short treks amongst the native wildflowers in full springtime bloom around Dunsborough and Albany. Further around the southern tip we will venture into remote Esperance to stroll the silica white sands in the company of native kangaroos at Lucky Bay – voted #1 Beach in the world. Expert guides will lead the way and share connections with traditional owners in small coastal communities and learn of their history and heritage.
The voyage will culminate with a signature winemakers dinner event at famed Leeuwin Estate Winery pairing their exceptional “Art Series” wines with locally grown regional cuisine.
“This is an exciting new voyage which will further add to our growing annual schedule in Western Australia” said Commercial Director Jeff Gillies. “Since 2018 we have been developing new adventures in the West including our annual Ningaloo, Rowley Shoals and Abrolhos voyages with great success. This new voyage has captured our imagination combining natural encounters on land and sea at a vibrant time in the natural calendar”.
Whales and Trails of Western Australia | Fremantle to Fremantle | 10 Nights
Coral Adventurer Departs October 5, 2024
Signature Event: Experience a signature six-course Winemakers Dinner at historic Leeuwin Estate featuring the iconic Art Series wines expertly paired with regionally inspired cuisine
- Spend a morning whale watching at Flinders Bay, renowned for its frequent whale sightings and explore the sheltered haven of Point Ann in search of Southern Right Whales and their calves
- Enjoy an invigorating swim in the pristine waters of Hamelin Bay surrounded by the curious stingrays and other marine species
- Traverse the scenic coastal vistas on a morning trek along a section of the renowned Cape to Cape trail
- Walk amongst native wildflowers in bloom around the coastal landscapes from Dunsborough and Esperance
- Stroll the silica white sands in the company of native kangaroos at Lucky Bay – voted #1 beach in the world in 2023
- Learn about Indigenous coastal culture and traditions of the region and share stories whilst we forage for native tucker on ancestral lands
- Wander the community led Art Trail of Ravensthorpe and hear how collective community engagement has changed the face of this historic goldfield’s town
- Gain valuable insights from onboard Guest Lecturers Micheline and Curt Jenner who will share their scientific and conservation knowledge of whale research in Western Australia
The voyage is on sale from Thursday 6th July 2023 and with a maximum capacity of 60 staterooms. Prices start from $9,200 per person twin share.
For more information about Coral Expeditions’ Whales and Trails of Western Australia voyage click here
Find accompanying imagery click here
For media or group sales enquiries please contact:
Jeff Gillies | Commercial Director
0418 415 581
About Coral Expeditions
Recognised as Australia’s longest established and most awarded expedition cruise operator, Coral Expeditions is Australia’s pioneering cruise line offering a unique style of immersive expeditions. Starting with environmentally sensitive cruises on the Great Barrier Reef, 40 years later the fleet has grown to a purpose-built ocean-going fleet featuring the intimate Coral Discoverer and the advanced flagship vessels Coral Adventurer and sister ship Coral Geographer. All ships feature the company’s trademark complement of multiple zodiacs and ‘Xplorer’ safari tender boats that take guests to shore quickly and comfortably. Headquartered in Cairns, Coral Expeditions offers expedition cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the Kimberley, Tasmania’s wilderness coast, Cape York and Arnhem Land, New Zealand and further afield to the small Islands of Japan, New Guinea and the Indian Ocean.