A Major Refit for Coral Discoverer
Coral Discoverer recently undertook an extended three-week annual refit and out of water survey period in Cairns. The scope of the works included the following major projects with expenses of $2 million allocated;
- Build and installation of a completely new aft platform for Xplorer tender operations
- New custom carpet laid through dining room and bridge deck lounge public areas
- Installation of new satellite navigation system, new radars and dual ECDIS. (Electronic Chart Display Information System)
- New anchor chain and anchor winch motor installation
- Three new display LED screens for bridge deck lounge
- Renovated purser desk and foyer area
- New mattress supply across vessel
- New commercial marine cooktop oven and dishwasher units in the galley
Despite facing serious challenges with the severe regional flooding impact of ex-tropical cyclone Jasper in Cairns, the team worked diligently around the clock with contractors and technical partners to complete required works on time. With the forced closure of the shipyard for 3 days and unavoidable water ingress from the weather it was likely the most challenging refit in our history which required adaptability and expertise by the team. Their efforts paid off, with Coral Discoverer ready and back in the water by the evening of December 20th, timed to set sail southwards for the commencement of the annual Yachtsman’s Cruise and the 2024 Tasmania summer season.
New hydrolic platform for Xplorer tender.
New custom carpet laid through dining room and bridge deck lounge public areas and three new display LED screens for bridge deck lounge.
New satellite navigation system, new radars and dual ECDIS. (Electronic Chart Display Information System)
Renovated purser desk, foyer area, and new commercial marine cooktop oven and dishwasher units in the galley.