Media Release: Tuesday 21 February 2023
Coral Expeditions launches ‘Kimberley 2023 is Open’ campaign
Offers for 2023 expeditions supporting the Kimberley region recovery after the big wet.
For immediate release: 21st February, 2023
Coral Expeditions has announced a major expedition cruise promotion aimed to attract Australian explorers to visit the Kimberley in 2023 to take advantage of spectacular conditions after the big wet season and support the region’s industry.
This year will be the 30th year of operations in the Kimberley for the pioneering Australian cruise line with over 50 sailings scheduled across the 3 vessel fleet between April and October. The classic 10 night “Kimberley Cruise” traverses the vast and ancient landscape between Broome and Darwin with expert guidance and navigation led by an all-Australian crew delivering an unsurpassed level of local knowledge and experience.
- Thrill to the tidal phenomenon of the Horizontal Falls and Montgomery Reef
- Encounter rare native wildlife and birdwatching through the pristine natural sanctuaries of the Lacapedes and Porosus Creek
- Feel the power of the majestic waterfalls at King George River and Mitchell River after a record ‘big wet” season
- Walk amongst ancient rock art galleries of Gwion Gwion and Wanjina art dating over 40,000 years
- Follow in the wake of early explorer Philip Parker King and visit the historic HMAS Mermaid carved boab tree at Careening Bay
Launching the 2023 season campaign, Commercial Director Jeff Gillies says: “we strongly encourage Australians with a bucket list Kimberley expedition in mind to consider travelling this year”. “Exploring the Kimberley is a classic Australian adventure, and 2023 is set to have optimum conditions” he stated, then sharing: “local industry have confirmed that Broome is open and ready to welcome visitors, however they have been impacted by early season cancellations due to flood impact perceptions in the market. Now, after the big wet, we look forward to supporting the return to a sparkling Kimberley.”
Coral Expeditions has availability across a number of dates throughout the year and are offering the following travel specials to encourage short lead travel to the Kimberley this year, including;
- A bonus travel saving of $500 per person for bookings on open 2023 travel dates along with complimentary onboard Wi-Fi and deposit protection.
- A “No Sole Supplement” offer on selected May and June sailings giving solo travellers a rare opportunity.
- An incentive for approved travel trade partners to book including a $100 reward voucher on every booking
The promotion is applicable to new bookings across the 2023 season whilst availability remains.
For more information about the promotion along with Coral Expeditions’ Kimberley Cruises, availability, live information webinars and special offers click here.
Why choose Coral Expeditions?
The vast and rugged expanse of the Kimberley, with its complex geological, archaeological and wildlife heritage, is best seen with Coral Expeditions:
- Knowledge of local waters and environment from 30 years of continuous operations
- Expert local guides and expedition crew who love to share their home turf with visitors
- Australian-crewed and flagged vessels with permits in place allowing best access to key areas
- Purpose built ships and expedition equipment suited to the Kimberley coast and a tropical environment
- The longest annual season with the most sailing dates available – three ships, from April to October
- An expedition ethos allows you more time ashore and puts you in the right place at the right time
Find accompanying imagery and destination video click here
For more information about the SailSAFE Plan, click HERE
For media enquiries please contact:
Jeff Gillies | Commercial Director
0418 415 581
About Coral Expeditions
Recognised as Australia’s longest established and most awarded expedition cruise operator, Coral Expeditions is Australia’s pioneering cruise line offering a unique style of immersive expeditions. Starting with environmentally sensitive cruises on the Great Barrier Reef, 40 years later the fleet has grown to a purpose-built ocean-going fleet featuring the intimate Coral Discoverer and the advanced flagship vessels Coral Adventurer and sister ship Coral Geographer. All ships feature the company’s trademark complement of multiple zodiacs and ‘Xplorer’ safari tender boats that take guests to shore quickly and comfortably. Headquartered in Cairns, Coral Expeditions offers expedition cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the Kimberley, Tasmania’s wilderness coast, Cape York and Arnhem Land, New Zealand and further afield to the small Islands of Japan, New Guinea and the Indian Ocean.