Let’s Cook Together | Daintree Chocolate Fondant
Group Executive Chef Barbara Genedics shares her delicious Daintree Chocolate Fondant recipe.
- 250 gm Butter
- 250 gm 70% Dark Daintree Chocolate
- 5 Eggs
- 5 Egg yolks
- 120 gm Caster sugar
- 35 gm Flour
- Place chocolate and butter into a metal or glass bowl, melt them over a pot of boiling hot water (bane Marie). Keep it warm.
- Meanwhile, in an electric mixer, whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar until doubled in size.
- In 3-4 batches add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture, incorporating it evenly.
- Fold in the flour, with no lumps.
- Pour mixture into well-oiled ramekins or metal dariole moulds, approximately 180 ml size. Best to use cooking spray for this.
- Bake them in a preheated oven on 180 C for about 9 minutes. It will be nicely cooked on the outside and oozing out chocolate from the inside when you crack it open.
- Serve it with either vanilla ice cream, any kind of berry ice cream or for a classic combination, with orange sorbet.
This fondant uses locally grown single-origin chocolate from Daintree Estates. Located in the pristine heart of the Daintree region, Daintree Estates grows young cocoa trees in their own nursery facilities in Mossman, Far North Queensland. #SupportLocalBusiness
Executive Chef of Hospitality Operations