Join us on our inaugural ‘Bounty of the Southern Ocean’ expedition celebrating the culinary landscape of South Australian and Victoria’s pristine coastline. Along the way enjoy the freshest seafoods, native ingredients and organic produce accompanied by world class wines and artisanal spirits. Enjoy a farm-to-plate adventure as we explore these bountiful shores. Discover the rich flavours of wild ocean farmed abalone on Kangaroo Island and freshly caught Australian lobster in the quaint fishing port of Robe. Learn about the myriad of culinary and medicinal uses of fungi and sample native indigenous bush ingredients in the wild. Meet passionate local producers, growers and distillers and share their handicrafts and stories. Connect with nature as you enjoy a leisurely circumnavigation around the remote seal colony of Lady Julia Percy Island and take in the spectacle of a sunset sail by of the 12 Apostles. Our expert guides will lead the way on this uniquely Australian adventure at sea onboard Coral Adventurer.
Signature Event – Enjoy a special ‘Tastes of the Southern Ocean’ dinner onboard Coral Adventurer in the historic fishing township of Port McDonnell (Ngaranga) hosted by preeminent regional chef Jamie Carter, and showcasing the best of South Australian premium wines including pairings from Eden Valley, Barossa, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale.
- Visit Kangaroo Island and sample award winning locally farmed sustainable Abalone and sample locally made wines and regional produce
- Indulge in freshly caught Australian Lobster in the quaint fishing port of Robe and explore the old world charm of this historic town
- Discover the remarkable world of fungi as you learn about their ecological importance and myriad of uses with an off the grid entrepreneur
- Savour artisanal produce paired with premium wines at a local vineyard in the Limestone Coast
- Circumnavigate a remote island seal colony on Lady Julia Percy Island
- Discover indigenous hinterland bush food and hear how local families seek to educate on the viability of endemic species in food production
- Learn about the innovative cooperative approach to sustainable agribusiness on the Great Ocean Road
- Sail past the 12 Apostles at sunset and raise a glass to this iconic landscape whilst enjoying a rare perspective from the sea
- Enjoy guided walks through the RAMSAR protected wetlands of Phillip Island, understanding the importance of this sensitive and essential ecosystem
- Hear from a passionate chef, one of the forerunners of championing wild foods as you dine on locally sourced Philip Island produce