Join Coral Adventurer to explore the natural beauty of New Zealand’s South Island and Fiords departing Bluff. Embark on an unforgettable adventure through the renowned World Heritage region of the Fiordland National Park, as you explore the stunning Dusky Sound, Milford Sound, and Doubtful Sound on the remote west coast of New Zealand. Visit the spectacular Milford Sound, where the sheer cliffs plunge into the glacial waters and cascading waterfalls spring from the lush mountain surrounds. This is truly one of the world’s most spectacular natural landscapes. Stroll through the serene forests of Ulva Island and catch a glimpse of some of the country’s most iconic birds. Explore historic Dunedin with its rich blend of both Māori and Scottish heritage. At days end, return to Coral Adventurer and indulge in New Zealand’s renowned produce and wine. An expedition by small ship is the ultimate way to immerse yourself in the remote wonders of the New Zealand coast.
- Cruise past Solander Island, a trio of uninhabited volcanic islets with rare wildlife, ferns, orchids, and birds such as fernbirds, snipe, and white-fronted terns
- Explore Fiordland National Park, a World Heritage site with 14 fiords carved by glaciers over thousands of years. Our voyage visits the iconic Milford, Dusky and Doubtful Sounds over three epic days
- Take a guided tour or enjoy time to yourself in Dunedin, a city settled in and around an ancient volcanic crater, with rich Scottish and Māori heritage and unique cathedrals and architecture
- Stroll through the quiet forests of Ulva Island to spot New Zealand’s iconic birds, including the Stewart Island Weka, South Island Saddleback, Yellow-and Red-crowned Parakeet (Kakariki) and Rifleman (New Zealand’s smallest bird)
- Visit Kaikoura, renowned as amongst the best whale watching destinations in the world to sight the breaching sperm whales
- Enjoy a special Christmas at sea as we sail by Solander Island and ring in the New Year with a memorable day in Akaroa, a small and scenic settlement with a unique French heritage