Experience the dynamic landscape of Japan, from the vibrant cities of the mainland to quiet coastal island villages. Departing Tokyo, begin your journey by experiencing traditional Japanese culture at the township of remote Shimizu, and visiting important Shinto shrines in Shingu. Continue to the ideal vantage point of Kobe port to explore the bustling streets of Osaka for an authentic food tour or spend time at Kyoto amongst the diverse cityscape of modern architecture and ancient temples. Discover the lush mountainous landscape of Iya Valley at remote Tokujima, learn about the traditional history of the soy sauce craft in Shodojima and explore the ancient castle at little-visited Karatsu. Visit Jeju Island in South Korea to view the extraordinary UNESCO listed Manjanggul lava tubes before discovering the little-known Goto Islands and concluding your journey in Fukuoka. Be immersed in the poignant histories and ancient traditions within these diverse landscapes on this authentic journey through the heart of Japan.
- Visit Arita Japan’s most prodigious exporter of of fine porcelain in the 17th century.
- View the iconic red torii gate of the Itsukujima shinto shrine ‘floating’ in the Seto Inland Sea and visit neighbouring cultural sites to witness centuries-old customs.
- Uncover World War II histories including on a visit Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Park.
- Visit Osaka, the food capital of Japan, or the historic city of Kyoto where traditional and modern architecture collide.
- Explore UNESCO-listed Global Geopark Manjanggul, a 7.4km long lava tube and cave of South Korea’s Jeju Island.
- Visit Shodoshima and hike 2hrs in the breathtaking Kankakei Gorge or visit the Japan’s oldest area for Soy Sauce production more than 400 years of crafting