Join us on our inaugural journey as we traverse through the islands of the Java Sea from Singapore to Makassar aboard Coral Geographer. On this 16-night voyage you will explore mighty rivers carved through dense rainforest jungles, discover cultural traditions of unique coastal cities, and connect with rare fauna and flora in the wild. At Bako National Park, walk through the lush rainforest amongst wildlife such as endemic tree-dwelling proboscis monkeys. Cruise the ink-black waters of the Sekonyer River to arrive at the orangutan sanctuary and conservation facility at Camp Leakey. Visit the Banjarmasin floating markets, where the river is a lively cacophony of sights and sounds as sampans are piled high with fresh produce, and buyers and sellers close their transactions on the water. This voyage offers an in-depth experience connecting you with the rich natural heritage, wildlife, and traditional cultures of the Indonesian islands.
- Explore the seven ecosystems of Bako National Park on a jungle nature walk, with the opportunity to spot native wildlife including hornbills and proboscis monkeys
- Delve into the rich ethnic cultural history and learn about the customs and unique art and craft of remarkable artisans
- Cruise the ink-black waters of the Nipah waterway by Xplorer before embarking on the traditional klotok along the winding Sekonyer River
- Visit the renowned Camp Leakey conservation park and learn from experts about the efforts to protect the endangered orangutans
- Discover Banjarmasin, ‘the city of a thousand rivers’ and explore the remarkable floating markets of Lok Baintain and the cacophony of smells, sounds and sights
- Relax on pristine palm-fringed tropical beaches, snorkel over coral gardens and taste island life at the idyllic Karimata Islands
- Visit the wildlife hotspot of Tanjung Puting National Park and the Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre