We pioneered extended expedition cruises on the outer reaches of the Great Barrier Reef over 40 years ago and have forged a reputation for excellence and expertise in that time. Aboard our expedition vessel Coral Discoverer, join us as we embark on an immersive 7-night adventure to the remote and untouched Northern reefs. We explore the hidden corners, uninhabited sand cays, small islands and pristine reef systems. Along the way find freedom and solitude amidst this iconic seascape. Share the journey with soaring seabirds and swim, dive and snorkel at far-flung Osprey and Ribbon Reefs. Learn about ancient indigenous culture and Australian heritage at historic Cooktown. Stretch your legs with a hike to the summit of “Cooks Look”. Enjoy a sundowner with the sand beneath your toes and the setting sun at deserted Sudbury Cay. Onboard, you will be accompanied by expert guides including a Marine Biologist, and our purpose designed small ships are custom built for expedition cruising. With refined steering capabilities, shallow draught and nimble explorer tenders we will bring you closer to remote sites and natural habitats. You will enjoy freshly prepared small-batch cuisine featuring the best local ingredients and relax and enjoy quality local beers and wines. With an intimate atmosphere and our renowned warm Australian hospitality, you will quickly feel at home and make new connections with new friends.
- Immerse yourself in one of the world’s great seascapes with the Great Barrier Reef experts
- Learn about ancient indigenous culture and Australian heritage at historic Cooktown
- Swim, snorkel, dive or simply view the iconic marine species of the Great Barrier Reef
- Observe the vibrant underwater world of the untouched outer Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy solitude and seven magical Queensland sunsets
- Sip sundowners and feel the sand beneath your feet on isolated sand cays and uninhabited islands
- Participate in efforts to conserve the Great Barrier Reef, and possibly visit the turtle rehabilitation centre